ImressionTracker.com Malware Notice when using AdThrive
ImressionTracker.com and AdThrive
These last 24 hours I received many WordPress Hacked Support Requests for sites that were displaying a "This site ahead contains malware" warning when browsed with Google Chrome.
All of them had three things in common:
- Site reported wasn't their own site but ImressionTracker.com
- All warnings were displayed when browsing sites with Google Chrome.
- All of those sites are using the AdThrive Ad Network plugin.
All the sites that I was asked to check for malware show as clean. I scanned their site's content and database but I didn't find anything suspicious. For that reason I asked my clients to reach AdThrive and ask more info on this.
AdThrive replied that this is a Malware Bug that hit Top Publishers while I strongly believe this is something different because the "This site ahead contains malware" warning comes from Google Chrome and not an antivirus.
Update: Upon further research it seems like that ImressionTracker.com is not registered as a domain(and never was) so this can be a kind of domain spoofing.
I will update this blog post the moment I find new info on the ImressionTracker.com Malware Notice when using AdThrive.
Latest posts by Makis Mourelatos (see all)
- The Definitive Guide about Backdoor Attacks – What are WebShell BackDoors - October 16, 2017
- The Definitive Guide about Backdoor Attacks – What is a backdoor - September 11, 2017
- TradeTraffic.life WordPress Malware Redirect - August 4, 2017