ImressionTracker.com Malware Notice when using AdThrive
Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 10:49 pm
ImressionTracker.com and AdThrive
These last 24 hours I received many WordPress Hacked Support Requests for sites that were displaying a "This site ahead contains malware" warning when browsed with Google Chrome.
All of them had three things in common:
- Site reported wasn't their own site but ImressionTracker.com
- All warnings were displayed when browsing sites with Google Chrome.
- All of those sites are using the AdThrive Ad Network plugin.
All the sites that I was asked to check for malware show as clean. I scanned their site's content and database but I didn't find anything suspicious. For that reason I asked my clients to reach AdThrive and ask more info on this.
AdThrive replied that this is a Malware Bug that hit Top Publishers while I strongly believe this is something different because the "This site ahead contains malware" warning comes from Google Chrome and not an antivirus.
Update: Upon further research it seems like that ImressionTracker.com is not registered as a domain(and never was) so this can be a kind of domain spoofing.
I will update this blog post the moment I find new info on the ImressionTracker.com Malware Notice when using AdThrive.
Latest posts by Makis Mourelatos (see all)
- How Find Out If Your Website Is Hacked - June 23, 2017
- Extra Hardening: Take care your HTTP Security Headers - May 15, 2017
- WordPress Hacked Redirect, How to Detect and Clean it - January 2, 2017