WordPress Landing Pages: How to Create and Optimize
When it comes to generating leads, writing a powerful landing page offer is only half the job. To make this offer visible, you need to have a killer WordPress landing page. These pages will help you generate qualified leads, maximize your conversions and, ultimately, increase your ROI.
So, how to create a landing page in WordPress? Which elements of your landing page to optimize?
Why are Landing Pages Important?
Many inexperienced marketers confuse a landing page with a homepage. But, these two terms are not the same. When visiting your homepage, a user can take multiple actions, like clicking on your menu, watching a video, visiting the “About” page, and so forth.
On the other hand, a good landing page is formulated to collect the information from your leads and inspire them to complete the desired action. You create it to generate the traffic relevant to specific campaigns and track the results of the campaign easily.
Design a Perfect Landing Page in WordPress
“A great landing page showcases what you have to offer. Trust, empathy and credibility all combine to create an experience your visitors won’t forget.” This is how Online Marketing Gurus, an SEO agency, defines a powerful landing page in their recent article. In other words, your landing page needs to inspire a visitor to complete the whatever action you expect from them.
Here are a few steps to create a converting landing page in WordPress:
- Create an attention-grabbing, straightforward, and memorable headline.
- Write a strong unique selling proposition. It needs to tell a visitor why your offer is unique and why they should care about it. It needs to be written around specific benefits, be memorable, and focus on something your audiences really need.
- Use visuals to keep people interested and make your product easier to remember. Always make sure the visuals you use are high-quality, look professional, and are relevant to your products.
- Implement the problem-agitate-solve formula when writing your landing page content. First, highlight a common problem your audience experiences. Then, evoke emotions and emphasize something that may make the issue even worse. Finally, show how your product can solve the problem.
- Write an action-oriented copy. Your landing page serves a specific purpose- to increase conversions. Precisely because of that, there is no room for fluff content. Every sentence you write needs to be action-oriented and bring value to a visitor. Your content needs to be concise, convincing, and straight to the point.
- Add trust indicators, such as social signals, customer testimonials, and trust badges.
- Make user experiences frictionless by making your landing-page responsive, faster to load, easy-to-navigate, and visually appealing.
- Create a powerful call to action. Avoid using generic words like “Submit.” Instead, go for authentic options that make sense for your offers and entice customers to click on them. Pay special attention to the design of CTA buttons, such as choosing contrasting colors or the shape of the button.
Ways to Build a WordPress Landing Page
If you’re an absolute WordPress beginner, one of the simplest ways to build an awesome landing page in WordPress is to hire a web design agency. However, with numerous WordPress plugins and tools available, you can now create outstanding landing pages on your own.
So, how to create a landing page in WordPress?
- Code your PHP template in WordPress.
Creating custom landing pages in WordPress by inserting PHP code is an old-school tactic. Irrespective of the theme you’ve chosen, you can design a unique page template for it and create a custom page design. It lets you go beyond the standard layouts and stand out.
The only problem with this practice is that it requires you to have advanced PHP coding skills and eats up your time. Now, if you have no programming experience, you can either hire a PHP developer to create custom WordPress landing pages for you or simply choose a cheaper (and simpler) way to do create your landing page.
- Use WordPress landing page theme.
If you have no PHP coding experience, then creating your landing pages manually doesn’t make sense. In this case, you need to find a simpler way to build a landing page and one of them is using HTML templates or WordPress themes. Even this is one of the most affordable ways to build killer landing pages, some WordPress landing page themes may require you to have a basic coding experience.
- Choose a WordPress page builder.
When compared to the previous two options, choosing a WordPress theme builder sounds like a simpler solution. Some of these options include Divi, Hestia, Beaver Builder, Elementor, and Strata. The major advantage of using WP theme builders is that they integrate with WordPress and make the process of creating landing pages simpler. Most importantly, these platforms have drag-and-and-drop functionality and pre-built templates.
The only problem is the limited number of options these theme builders have. So, to create a functional landing page, you will need to integrate your theme builder with multiple tools, which make them more complex and difficult to manage.
- Invest in landing page platforms.
Investing in landing page platforms like Instapage, Unbounce, or GetResponse is probably the simplest ways to create a landing page. Working on a drag-and-drop principle, landing page apps don’t require you to have any coding knowledge to create custom landing pages. Using them you can monitor your data in real-time, as well as track conversions and perform A/B testing. Most importantly, they integrate with other platforms you use, such as HubSpot or Active Campaign. Even though this may not be the cheapest option for your business, it’s still less expensive than hiring a PHP developer.
Over to You
Creating a landing page in WordPress will help you acquire loads of qualified leads and skyrocket your conversions. However, you need to use them strategically.
- Remember that the goal of your landing page is to boost the results of specific campaigns.
- Optimize the key elements on your landing page to keep users interested and guide them towards taking the desired action.
- Based on your needs and coding experience, choose the right method of building a landing page in WordPress.
Post contributed by David Webb of BizzMarkBlog.com